– Jonathan Ikegana, Culinary Institute of America
A fantastic gift.
Wise Up!, like all of our games, is real-world excitement that's not only unfair, frustrating, and physical, but educational too. Jam-packed with thought-provoking and original trivia–it's educational in the sense that you'll find out very quickly how bold and brainy your frenemies are. Guaranteed to liven-up any get-together or holiday party, Wise Up! is a family-friendly mind-melter that comes in a handy travel tin that you can give and take anywhere, anytime.
What are you waiting for, Christmas?
Limited time Wise Up! + One Up! Special - only $29.99!
Find out all about One Up! - The Wicked/Smart Word Game here.
It's easy to Wise Up! Players take a card, in turn, and pose the Question to the player to his/her left. If that player answers correctly, they keep the card. If not, the player to his/her left tries to answer it. Play continues clockwise.
There are 150 thought-provoking Questions, like: What was Sleeping Beauty's actual name? What is the circumference of a golf ball? Name a mammal that lays eggs. Where is the zygomatic arch? What are the eight Ivy League schools?
Wait a sec!
Swap shirts with the player to your left.
Wise Up! also has 50 wicked physical and frustrating Challenges, such as: Throw this card on the floor and pick it up without using your hands. Or how about: Swap shirts with the player to your left. Anyone for a "Thumb War?" Matthew Cataldo's verdict on the Knuckles card: "It freakin' sucks!"
As with the Question cards, the Challenge cards are presented to the player to the card captain's left, who then tries to meet and/or complete the challenge. If successful, he/she keeps the card. If not, the player to his/her left gets a shot at it.
For a Group Challenge, the best player, as judged by the card captain (the player presenting the Challenge), gets the card. The player with the most cards at the end wins.
Don't believe us.
Take it from Ivy Leaguer Mike Cataldo, Harvard, Class of 2004.
What Wise Up! comes with:
• 150 laminated Question cards, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"
• 50 laminated Challenge and Group Challenge cards, 2 1/1" x 3 1/2"
• Concise, easily-readable instructions
• Perfectly-portable classic tin travel container: 3" x 3" x 4 1/2"
• Designed and assembled in the good old U.S. of A.
We recommend 3-5 players, and even though everything is Rated G, it's probably best for ages 12 and older since some of the Questions and Challenges are intentionally cheeky, difficult, and not necessarily for the faint of heart, or head.
There is no time limit. We usually say first person to get 5 cards wins. Or 10, depending on how long you want to play.
The world in your pocket or purse, gift-wrapped.
Wise Up! is the best present your literate and lovely brainiac posse will ever get–we guarantee they'll love "playing our game," not matter where in the world they are, or your money back.
Old's cool gift-wrapped: brown paper package, tied up with string for just a buck ninety-nine extra.
Don't stay home without it.
You can take Wise Up! anywhere you want to go: beach, mountains, grandma's, or even The Ritz in Paris if you'd like. Better yet, Wise Up! is a totally-original, fast, and effective antidote to the cooped-up, Corona Virus blues. Seriously, why not try some intellectual distancing this summer instead?
The Official "Wiseacre" Expansion Six-Pack*
For eternal replayability, our newest expansion six-pack consists of 300 brain-busting Question cards (50 for each theme):
1. Brainiac – Our hardest cards are certainly not for the faint of heart (or head).
2. America the Beautiful – Are you as smart as an eighth-grader? How much do you know about the long history and fascinating people and places of this great nation?
3. Nautical – How well do you sea? Ha. Perfect for sailors, yachtsmen, and beach 'n' ocean lovers to dip their toes in.
4. Gone Hollywood – Lights. Camera. Action. A great screen test for movie buffs and wanna be actors and directors.
5. Fun & Games – Are you a player? Sporty? How big are your balls?
6. College – Knowledge is good: here's a way better and cheaper Ivy-League education.
Never run out of fun!
*Buy Wise Up! first–game not included.